APT reserves the right to modify or supplement any or all of the terms of this Agreement from time to time without notice to you. APT reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to restrict, suspend or terminate access to all or any part of the Website or to change, suspend or discontinue all or any aspect of the Website, including the availability of any feature, database, information or content, at any time and without prior notice or liability.
Use of portions of the Website that require an account and log in are intended for and restricted to mental health professionals. APT does not clinically evaluate or perform credentialing of its member participants.
Information, software, text, photographs, graphics, links and other material (collectively, the "Content") provided on the Website are protected by copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights of APT, or third parties. APT grants you a limited nonexclusive license to use the information on the Website for noncommercial use. You may download or copy the Content for noncommercial use only, provided that you maintain all copyright and other notices contained therein. Copying or storing of any Content for other than personal or noncommercial use is expressly prohibited without prior written permission. Otherwise, you may not copy, store in electronic form, modify, print, transmit, transfer or sell, create derivative works from, distribute, perform, display, or in any way exploit any of the Content, in whole or in part, without obtaining permission of the copyright owner, except as expressly permitted in this Agreement or permitted under copyright law.
Submission of Content or Ideas
APT requests that you never submit any idea or suggestion to APT that you consider confidential or proprietary. All ideas or suggestions submitted or disclosed will be deemed not confidential and will become the exclusive property of APT. You acknowledge and agree that APT may consider any idea or suggestion you submit and you irrevocably transfer and assign to APT all rights, known or unknown, in and to the ideas or suggestions and APT may use any idea or suggestion without restriction for any purpose without compensation to you.
Information From and Contacts with Third Parties
APT may include or allow posting on its Website’s Resource Center information or documents provided by third party individuals, organizations or companies, including, without limitation, other users of the Website. APT does not represent that it has investigated such information or documents, and does not warrant or guarantee the accuracy of such information or documents or necessarily endorse any use of such information or documents. You acknowledge and agree that APT has no control over such information or documents and is not responsible for the content of such information or documents.
APT may include or provide links on the Website to other websites on the Internet, include social media websites, which may include information, opinions or recommendations of various individuals, organizations or companies. In providing such links, APT does not represent to you that it has investigated the content of such information, opinions or recommendations, and does not warrant or guarantee the accuracy of such information or necessarily endorse any such opinions, recommendations, websites, individuals, organizations or companies. You acknowledge and agree that APT has no control over such sites and is not responsible for the availability of such external sites. You should contact the site administrator for other websites if you have any concerns regarding such links or the content located on such other websites
Exchange of Information
In connection with using the Website, you may provide or receive information by email. Although email is generally reliable, email can be transmitted improperly or wrongfully intercepted. APT does not warrant or guarantee that the transmission of email messages will be uninterrupted or transmitted without error.
Disclaimer of Warranties and Limitation of Liability
YOU AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THIS WEBSITE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. BECAUSE OF THE NUMBER OF POSSIBLE SOURCES OF INFORMATION AVAILABLE THROUGH THE WEBSITE, AND THE INHERENT HAZARDS AND UNCERTAINTIES OF ELECTRONIC DISTRIBUTION, THERE MAY BE DELAYS, OMISSIONS, INACCURACIES OR OTHER PROBLEMS WITH SUCH INFORMATION.
THE CONTENT MATERIALS ON THIS WEBSITE ARE PROVIDED TO YOU "AS IS, AS AVAILABLE" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. APT AND ITS AGENTS AND LICENSORS DO NOT WARRANT THE ACCURACY, TIMELINESS, COMPLETENESS, CURRENTNESS, NONINFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OF THE INFORMATION AVAILABLE THROUGH APT. NOR DO THEY GUARANTEE THAT THE WEBSITE WILL BE ERROR-FREE OR CONTINUOUSLY AVAILABLE OR THAT THE WEBSITE OR THE SERVER THAT MAKES IT AVAILABLE WILL BE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. APT DOES NOT WARRANT OR MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS REGARDING THE USE OR THE RESULTS OF THE USE OF THE INFORMATION ON THIS WEBSITE OR IN THIRD-PARTY SITES OR YOUR RELIANCE THEREUPON IN TERMS OF THEIR CORRECTNESS, ACCURACY, TIMELINESS, RELIABILITY OR OTHERWISE. YOU, AND NOT APT ASSUME THE ENTIRE COST OF ALL NECESSARY MAINTENANCE, REPAIR OR CORRECTION.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL APT OR ITS AFFILIATES, AGENTS OR LICENSORS BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANYONE ELSE FOR ANY DAMAGES (WHETHER DIRECT, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR OTHERWISE, OR WHETHER RESULTING FROM TORT, CONTRACT OR OTHER THEORIES OF LAW) INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ATTORNEYS' FEES AND LOST PROFITS, IN CONNECTION WITH, OR IN ANYWAY ARISING OUT OF, (1) THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE THIS WEBSITE AND ITS CONTENT; (2) ANY GOODS OR SERVICES OBTAINED THROUGH THIRD PARTIES REFERENCED OR MADE AVAILABLE ON OR THROUGH THIS WEBSITE; (3) ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN THE CONTENT OR INFORMATION ON THE WEBSITE; OR (4) ANY COMPUTER VIRUS OR OTHER PROGRAMMING DEVICE, EVEN IF APT IS ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY THEREOF.
IF YOU BECOME DISSATISFIED WITH THIS WEBSITE, OR THE TERMS, CONDITIONS OR POLICIES GOVERNING THIS WEBSITE, YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY IS TO DISCONTINUE USING THIS WEBSITE. THIS LIMITATION ON DAMAGES IS ESSENTIAL TO THE AGREEMENT BETWEEN YOU AND APT AND THE WEBSITE WOULD NOT BE PROVIDED FREE OF CHARGE WITHOUT SUCH LIMITATION.
SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, OR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, SO PORTIONS OF THE ABOVE EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IN SUCH STATES, THE LIABILITY OF APT, ITS AFFILIATES, AGENTS AND LICENSORS SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE GREATEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AGGREGATE LIABILITY OF APT OR ITS AFFILIATES, AGENTS OR LICENSORS EXCEED $100. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT THIS WEBSITE WOULD NOT BE PROVIDED WITHOUT THE DISCLAIMERS AND LIMITATIONS SET FORTH IN THIS AGREEMENT AND THAT THE DISCLAIMERS AND LIMITATION AND REMEDIES ARE REASONABLE.
You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold APT harmless from and against any and all claims, losses, damages and expenses (including attorneys' fees) in any way relating to or arising or resulting from your use of the Website or breach of these terms and conditions, regardless of the form of action. You agree that any supplier of any portion of APT Content is entitled to enforce its rights against you as though that supplier is a party to these terms and conditions.
This Agreement, all intellectual property issues, and your rights and obligations are governed by the laws of the United States of America and the State of Arizona governing contracts wholly entered into and wholly performed within Arizona and any action to enforce these terms and conditions or in any manner related to APT will be brought exclusively in the federal or state courts located in Phoenix, Arizona and you agree to submit to the jurisdiction of such courts. If you are accessing the Website from a physical location outside of the United States with laws or regulations governing personal data collection, use, and disclosure that are different from United States laws, you agree that by accessing the website, you are transferring your personal information to the United States and you consent to the application of the laws of the United States and the State of Arizona with respect to use of the Website and any dispute regarding the Website.
This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between you and APT with respect to the Website, and supersedes all previous written or oral agreements with respect to such subject matter. If any inconsistency exists between the terms of this agreement and any additional terms and conditions posted on the Website, the terms will be interpreted as to eliminate any inconsistency, if possible, and otherwise, the additional terms and conditions will control. The provisions of this Agreement will be deemed severable and the invalidity or unenforceability of any provision will not affect the validity or enforceability of the other provision hereof. Any provision determined to be invalid or unenforceable will be modified, to the extent possible, to be valid and enforceable so as to retain the intent of the parties.
If you believe that your work has been copied and used on the Website in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide APT’s designated Copyright Agent with the following information:
- an electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest;
- a description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed;
- a description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the Services;
- your address, telephone number, and email address;
- a statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the dispute use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law;
- a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owners behalf.
APT’s Copyright Agent for Notice of claims of copyright infringement can be reached at:
Address: 401 Clovis Ave #107, Clovis, CA 93612
Telephone: 559-298-3400, Facsimile: 559-298-3410
Only notices under that Digital Millennium Copyright Act (17 U.S.C. § 512, et seq.) should be submitted to the Copyright Agent. APT cannot take any action with respect to any notice unless all requested information is provided in the notice.
APT Store Terms & Conditions
- The prices, inventory, and availability of the items contained in the APT Store on the APT website are subject to change by APT without notice. APT reserves the right to both limit and refuse sales. APT is not responsible for typographical or photographic errors listed in the APT Store. Delivery outside the U.S. may be subject to additional costs.All prices are quoted in U.S. Dollars.
- The products available on this Website are for your use only.You may not sell or resell any of the products you purchase or otherwise receive from us.All information provided on the Website is for informational purposes only.Although APT tries to accurately describe and display the products, we do not warrant that the product descriptions or other information are accurate, complete, current or error-free.
- Items purchased from the APT Store may be returned to APT within 10 days for a store credit only if returned in new condition. Customer is responsible for 100% of shipping costs. If the item is found by APT to be defective, however, APT will refund shipping costs. Only store credit will be issued for returned items. No refunds for returned items will be issued.
- Because it is a charitable nonprofit corporation exempt from taxation per Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code, donations to the Foundation for Play Therapy may be eligible as income tax-deductible charitable contributions. A letter acknowledging receipt of your donation will be sent by The Foundation for Play Therapy to you. Please consult a tax advisor for more information regarding your donation and income tax situation.
- The trademarks, logos, and service marks used on any item contained in the APT Store are registered and unregistered trademarks of APT or other identified third parties. Your purchase of such items does not grant, by implication or otherwise, any license or right to use any trademark without the express, written, permission of APT or such third party that may own the trademarks, except as to display such trademarks on the item purchased by you.
APT Community Forums
- Because your messages are transmitted to ALL subscribers to that particular forum community, address the group and not one or more individuals. You are participating in a "group" conversation.
- Concisely and clearly post the topic of your message.
- Concisely post significant and new information that advances group discussions. Do not post administrative messages (e.g. "remove me"), small talk (e.g. "thanks"), and personal exchanges (e.g. "hi, hope you're all well").
- Subscribe and unsubscribe at will.
- Observe the adage "praise in public, criticize in private." All defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal material is strictly prohibited. Keep discussions focused, energetic, and upbeat.
- Because your comments are subject to libel, slander, and anti-trust laws, use carefully considered messages presented in a concise manner. Do not advertise or promote non-APT products and services, identify clients, or discuss client fee schedules.
- You agree not to use the Website or information from other users to send unsolicited commercial message or to initiate unsolicited commercial transactions either individual or in a mass mailing or message distribution.
- All comments and opinions transmitted by individuals are their own and do not represent those of APT. APT disclaims all warranties with respect to information posted on the forum, including all implied warranties of merchantability and fitness. By posting information or material, you warrant and represent that you own the copyright, trademark, trade secret of other right with respect to such material or have received permission to use from the owner of such right. By posting material, you grant to APT and other users of the forum the nonexclusive right and license to display, copy, publish, distribute, transmit, print, and use such material.
- By using the forum, you agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless, APT and its chartered branches, officers, directors, employees, agents, affiliates, and other representatives from and against all loss, claims, demands, causes of action, liabilities, and expenses (including reasonable attorneys' fees, court costs and litigation expenses) arising from any claim arising out of or resulting from in whole or part any violation of these terms and conditions, any act or omission by any user of the forum. In no event shall APT be responsible to any user of the forum for any indirect, consequential, special, or punitive damages or losses that any user may incur in connection with any Community Forum or information or materials transmitted through or residing on any Community Forum.
- To comply with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (“HIPAA”), you agree that you will not submit any information or materials containing Protected Health Information (“PHI”). PHI is information or materials relating to an individual’s medical condition or care and from which an individual can be identified.You further agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless APT and its officers, directors, employees and agents from, for and against any claim, demand or cause of action, including payments of reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs arising out of or related to any violation of HIPAA or failure to comply with the terms of this section.If APT determines that you have distributed PHI on the Website without de-identifying it as required by HIPAA, it will so notify you and may suspend or terminate your access to the Website.
APT reserves the right but is not obligated to monitor discussions, delete any message or message thread, block from further participation those individuals who abuse these terms and conditions, and, based upon user comments, revise the topic or title of each forum.
APT publishes an online Membership Directory (Find A Play Therapist) as a reference source for the members of APT and the general public. To APT's knowledge, the name, email address, and telephone number of and other information about each APT member was accurate at the time of posting. The members listed in this Membership Directory are engaged independently and, as such, are entirely responsible for their own professional activity. APT does not represent or warrant to any person the degree of skill, the quality of care, or quality of services that may be provided those academics, practitioners, and others listed in this directory, including those with RPT, RPT-S or SB-RPT designations. In no event shall APT or any branch be liable to any member or other individual for any decision made, action taken, misdiagnosis, or malpractice that may occur as a result of treatment provided by any independent individual(s) listed in this directory. APT and the branches have no control over the services provided by any independent individual(s) listed in this directory, and disclaim any and all liability for any loss or injury to any member or other individual caused by any such independent individual(s) listed in this directory.
Registered Play Therapist & Registered Play Therapist-Supervisor Disclaimer
The Association for Play Therapy, Inc. (APT) offers the designation of Registered Play Therapist (RPT) or Registered Play Therapist Supervisor (RPT-S) to individuals who have provided APT with documentation that they have: (a) a traditional mental health graduate or higher degree by a regionally accredited college or university; (b) been licensed by one or more applicable licensing authorities and/or certified by the primary certification authorities; (c) completed a minimum number of play therapy training and supervision clock hours; and (d) completed the requisite continuing education hours. The designation as a RPT or RPT-S does not certify, imply or affirm the knowledge or competency of such individual but only confirms that the education and training requirements identified herein have been satisfied.
School Based-Registered Play Therapist Disclaimer
The Association for Play Therapy (APT) confers the designation of School Based-Registered Play Therapist (SB-RPT) to individuals who have provided APT with documentation that they have a) a mental health graduate or higher degree; b) been licensed or certified as a school counselor or school psychologist by the applicable state licensing or certification authority; c) completed a minimum number of hours of general clinical experience and supervision; d) completed a minimum number of hours of play therapy training and supervision; and e) completed the requisite continuing education hours. The designation as a SB-RPT does not certify, imply, or affirm the knowledge or competency of such individual but only confirms that the education and training requirements identified herein have been satisfied.
Authorized Users. The Website is not directed to and is not intended for access and use by persons under the age of 18. We do not intentionally collect or use personal information from users that we have reason to believe are under the age of 18.
Sources of Information
Personal Information You Provide to Us. We do not use our Website site to collect any personally identifiable information about you other than what you provide voluntarily for various purposes. We receive information about you from our interactions with you, including when you apply for membership, apply to become a Registered Play Therapist, Registered Play Therapist –Supervisor, School Based-Registered Play Therapist, an Approved Provider of continuing education, post items to our resource center and purchase products from our online Store. Depending upon what information you provide to us and whether you purchase products, the information we receive may include your name, education, and other credentials, billing and/or shipping address, telephone number, driver's license number, birth date, form of payment, email address and product(s) purchased. If you pay by check or use a credit or debit card, information received will include your account number. If you choose not to provide any personal information about yourself, you may not be able to purchase items or participate in certain programs or activities and we may not be able to fulfill a request you may have. If you provide personal information, you agree to provide true and accurate information in connection with your registration and to promptly notify us of any changes in the registration information.
Membership. When you apply to become a member, we collect your "membership information," i.e. name, education and other credentials, mailing address, telephone and fax numbers, and email address.
RPT/S. When you apply to become or remain a Registered Play Therapist or Supervisor (RPT/S), we collect your "RPT/S information," i.e. name, education and other credentials, mailing address, telephone and fax numbers, and email address.
SB-RPT. When you apply to become or remain a School Based-Registered Play Therapist, we collect your "SB-RPT information," i.e. name, education and other credentials, mailing address, telephone and fax numbers, and email address
Approved Provider. When you apply to become an Approved Provider of continuing education, we collect your “contact information," i.e. name, education, licensure and other credentialing information, mailing address, telephone and fax numbers, and email address.
Resource Center. When you share information or documents in our resource center, we may collect your “contact information” i.e. name, education, licensure and other credentialing information, mailing address, telephone and fax numbers, and email address.
Website Usage and Traffic Patterns. We keep track of purchases, related traffic patterns, and usage within our Website to help us provide superior service and improve member satisfaction. We also keep track of your participation in APT activities and member services so we can understand our users' interests and evaluate the effectiveness of our offerings.
Security of Your Transactions
Policies and Procedures. We use reasonable efforts to ensure that information you share with us is handled in a safe, secure, and responsible manner. We maintain and monitor our physical, electronic, and procedural systems to achieve this goal and to comply with any applicable laws and regulations. Although we attempt to ensure the integrity and security of our network and systems, we cannot guarantee that our security measures will prevent third-party "hackers" from illegally obtaining this information. We are not responsible for any breach of its security or for the actions of any third parties that may obtain any personal information. You are prohibited from violating or attempting to violate security for or otherwise interfering with the operation of the Website. We do not make, and expressly disclaim, any representation or warranty, express or implied, regarding the security or integrity of the Website and your personal information.
Information We Share With Others
Membership Information. We make Membership information available to the public and our members through our printed and online membership directories. If you do not want your Membership Information displayed, please log in and edit your display preferences or contact us.
RPT/S, SB-RPT, AP and Contact Information. We make RPT/S, SB-RPT and AP information available to the public and our members through printed materials and our Website. We may make your contact information received through our resource center available to the public and our members through printed materials and our Website. If you do not want your Information displayed, please see Choice and Opt Out, below.
Third Parties. We may make available to third parties some of the information we collect, such as your name, mailing address and email address. The third parties may use such information to solicit you for various service and product offerings, such as available conferences and workshops, volunteer service, and credit cards. If you do not want to have your information shared with third parties, please see Choice and Opt Out, below.
Aggregate Statistics. From time to time, we provide aggregate statistics about our members, Website traffic, product sales, and other user-related information to providers to identify trends.
Except as described in this policy, we do not disclose personal information to third parties except (1) for the purpose of communicating with you when it is necessary for completing the transactions you have authorized, including but not limited to providing such information to data processors or mailing services, (2) when it is necessary for employees, agents and contractors to operate or maintain the Website or to correct a technical problem; (3) when it is necessary to verify the existence or condition of your account with a financial institution, credit bureau or other third-party; (4) with our affiliates, or (5) if we merge or transfer assets of the organization to another organization.
California law permits California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an e-mail to email@example.com.
Online Browsing and Cookies
Non-Personal Information. When you visit our Website, we may collect information about you that is not personally identifiable such as the type of internet browser or operating system you have or the domain name of the Website from which you linked to our Website.
Cookies. Cookies are small pieces of information stored on your computer when you view our Website and/or advertisements. A cookie lets us recognize you and provide a more meaningful and personalized experience when you visit our Website again. Cookies allow us to gather anonymous information. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to fully experience the features of this Website.
Changing Your Cookie Setting. Most web browsers are set to accept cookies automatically, but you can change this setting. See your browser's "help topics" to learn how to change the setting.
Choice and Opt Out
You may change your personal information, Member Information, RPT/S, SB-RPT, or Approved Provider Information by simply contacting us:
Association for Play Therapy
Clovis, CA 93612
401 Clovis Ave. #107
(559) 298-3400, Fax (559) 298-3410
In connection with specific programs or offerings, by agreeing to participate you are generally agreeing to receive communications from us regarding other programs and special offerings. If you providing information and there is no mechanism to allow you to affirmatively opt-in, you agree that by providing the requested information and your email address, you have agreed to receive future communications from us. You are responsible for contacting us or clicking a link provided in the email if you wish to opt-out of further communications.
Use of this Website is governed by United States law and the laws of the State of California. If you are accessing the Website from a physical location outside of the United States with laws or regulations governing personal data collection, use, and disclosure that are different from United States laws, you agree that by accessing the Website,
California Do Not Track Disclosure
APT does not respond to Do Not Track (DNT) signals. Some third party sites may track your actions when you are browsing and accessing content. Various browsers offer a DNT option that sends a signal to third parties that you do not want to be tracked.